January 14 – May 22, 2020
* Please note, the Linnemann Pavilion will be closed on February 1st and 2nd. The other galleries, and Museum Shop will be open. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Museum: Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-4pm, Tuesdays until 7pm
Research Library: Tuesday-Friday, 10am-4pm or by appointment
Cafe: Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-3pm
Offices: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
The last tickets will be sold a half hour before closing time. If visitors haven’t finished viewing the exhibits and would like to continue seeing the Museum the next day, guest passes are available at the front desk valid for the day immediately following only.
May 25 – October 14, 2019
Museum: Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-5pm, Tuesdays until 8pm*
Research Library: Tuesday-Friday, 10am-5pm or by appointment
Cafe: Tuesday-Sunday, 10am-3pm
Offices: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
* Please be advised that parking is limited on Tuesday evenings.
Museum closed for the following holidays: Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas, December 26, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day.
Offices closed for the following holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas, December 26, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day.
Children ages 6-17: $5
Children under 6 and Museum members are free. Interested in becoming a member? Click here.
Special Islander Rates:
Thanks to the generosity of Cronig’s Market and Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, admission is free for all individuals on Tuesday evenings from 4-7pm in the off-season, and 5-8pm in the summer.
Group rates are applicable for parties of 10 or more. Reservations do not need to be made for groups in advance unless your group is requesting a tour.
If you’re looking to schedule a private tour for your group, click here. Please note, arrangements for all private tours cannot be guaranteed if made less than three business days in advance of your desired visit date.
Walking to the Museum
The Museum is situated overlooking Lagoon Pond and Vineyard Sound in Tisbury. The campus is a 10 minute walk from the Steamship Authority’s Vineyard Haven terminal and an 8 minute walk from Five Corners.
The Vineyard Transit Authority (VTA) runs a number of bus routes along State and Beach Roads in Vineyard Haven. We recommend telling the driver you wish to get off at Five Corners. From Five Corners, the Museum is an eight minute walk down Lagoon Pond Road. For the VTA’s routes and schedules, click here.
Traveling by Bike
Bike racks are available for your convenience at the bottom of the Museum’s driveway and in the parking area at the back of the property.
Traveling by Car
Parking is available at the top of the driveway including room for bus drop-off and pick-up. There is additional parking space located behind the barn at the back of the property.
The Museum buildings, walkways, courtyard, and vehicular drop-off area are all 521 CMR compliant and accessible. Handicapped parking is available on site including a designated spot for a Handicapped van. If you or someone in your party requires special assistance getting to the top of the driveway to visit, the Museum offers transportation free of charge for mobility challenged individuals and their families from the ferry terminals provided by Stagecoach Taxi during normal Museum hours. Please call 508-627-4441 x110 to arrange.
Guidelines for Visiting
- Museum admission is not required to visit the cafe, however, patrons must use the cafe entrance at the back of the Fresnel Lens Paviliion, if they are not visiting the Museum galleries.
- No food or drink can be brought into the Museum.
- No food or drink from the cafe can enter the Museum galleries.
- No pets are allowed, except for registered service animals.
- MVM is a smoke-free property. The use of tobacco or e-cigarettes is prohibited.
- Skateboards, hover boards, and similar recreational equipment are prohibited from the campus. Bicycle racks are provided at both the top and bottom of the driveway. Please keep bicycles off the front lawn and courtyard.
- Photography is permitted for personal, non-commercial use, except where posted in certain galleries. The use of tripods or other photography equipment is not permitted on the grounds without prior approval.
- MVM regularly produces publications and posts content online that feature the campus, exhibits, and visitors. Your presence here constitutes your consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded for the purposes of MVM communications and related outreach activities, in perpetuity.
Discounts and Partnerships
MVM is proud to be a Blue Star Museum. Active and veteran military personnel and their families are invited to tour the Museum for free with proper identification.
MVM has partnered with Our Island Club and is proud to offer 10% off in the Museum shop.
MVM is proud to be a member of the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association. Members from other NARM institutions who present a current membership card validated with a gold North American Reciprocal sticker are entitled to: free admission to the Museum, 10% off in the Museum shop, and the MVM member discount on lecture/talk admission.
MVM is proud to be a member of the Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM). Members from other NARM institutions who present a current membership card validated with a gold North American Reciprocal sticker are entitled to: free admission to the Museum, 10% off in the Museum shop, and the MVM member discount on lecture/talk admission.
MVM is proud to be an EBT Card to Culture participant through the Massachusetts Cultural Council. Members receive free admission to the Museum with your member card.
MVM is proud to be a member of the New England Museum Association. NEMA members are welcome to visit the Museum for free with your NEMA member card.
MVM is proud to be a member of the American Alliance of Museums. AAM members are welcome to visit the Museum for free with your AAM member card.
MVM is proud to be a member of the American Association of State and Local History. AASLH members are welcome to visit the Museum for free with your AASLH member card.
MVM has partnered with the Massachusetts Teachers Association to give members half off admission at the Museum and 10% off in the Museum shop with your MTA Member Card.
MVM has partnered with Big Brothers Big Sisters to give members free admission to the Museum with your member card.