From its earliest days as the Dukes County Historical Society, the Museum has published books and pamphlets on the history of Martha’s Vineyard. Some are available in the Museum Shop, but most have been out-of-print for decades.
- Edward Sanford Burgess, The Old South Road of Gay Head (1926)
- Annie Daggett Lord, The Life of Major Peter Norton (1927)
- Henry Beetle Hough, The Heath Hen’s Journey to Extinction (1934)
- Dorothy Scoville, Indian Legends of Martha’s Vineyard (1970)
- Joseph Chase Allen, Martha’s Vineyard Boats (1940)
- Warner Foote Gookin, Bartholomew Gosnold And Martha’s Vineyard (1946)
- Peter Colt Josephs, The Remarkable Brick Barns of Martha’s Vineyard (1973)
- Deidamia Osborn Bettencourt, Come Tour With Me (1972)
- Gale Huntington, Introduction to Martha’s Vineyard (1969)*
- Warner Foote Gookin, Capawack: Alias Martha’s Vineyard (1947)
- Dorothy Cottle Poole, Vineyard Sampler (1978)
- Charles H. Brown, Let Your Light Shine (1923)
- Emma Mayhew Whiting, Vineyard Indian Relics (1924)
- Blance I. Goell, Tramping on Martha’s Vineyard (1925)
* If you wish to access this publication in high-resolution, please email Research Librarian Bow Van Riper.