Click here for the full overview and job description.
Reporting Responsibilities: Director of Operations and Business Development
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt, Part-time, Year-Round
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the general maintenance, building services, and upkeep of all Museum
properties including the Marine Hospital campus in Vineyard Haven, historic Cooke House & Gardens in
Edgartown, and Edgartown and East Chop Lighthouses. Additional duties include minor construction projects,
assisting staff and serving as a liaison with facility related vendors. This is a physically active and team-oriented
role requiring walking and standing for long periods of time, bending and lifting, and janitorial duties. Some
weekend, night and holiday hours are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Inspect Marine Hospital campus daily to ensure high standards of safety, quality, and appearance.
• Perform all basic repairs.
• Facilitate and participate with any necessary outsourced building maintenance and repairs.
• Administer all maintenance contracts and coordinate with contractors for plumbing, HVAC, electrical,
security, etc. as necessary.
• Serve as a liaison with landscaping company and cleaning/custodial staff.
• Coordinate seasonal needs including irrigation, fall clean-up, plowing, shoveling, and salting/sanding.
• Assist exhibitions team to coordinate exhibit turnover.
• Assist programming and events team to set up and break down all events.
• Assist in implementing security/emergency procedures for the Museum.
• Coordinate seasonal work at Island lighthouses managed by the Museum.
• Maintain good working relationships with vendors, contractors and Museum staff.
• Assess and monitor facility repairs to ensure cost effectiveness.
• Manage and plan for long term facility needs including budgetary costs.
• Participate in Board of Directors’ quarterly Buildings and Grounds Committee meetings.
• Working knowledge of power and hand tools, electric repair, painting and fabrication skills.
• A flexible team player who can juggle many tasks, stay organized, and prioritize.
• Keen attention to detail to ensure quality control and safety standards are maintained.
• Customer service skills, and the ability to interact both courteously and firmly with visitors.
• Working knowledge of safety regulations as they apply to technical processes.
• General knowledge of basic security procedures and fire prevention techniques.
• Good written and verbal communication skills necessary.
• Willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the task accomplished.
• Appreciation of the Museum’s mission and its desire to serve the Island.
• High School graduate/GED required, higher degree and/or technical certifications preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of Facility Management experience
• Museum facility experience preferred
To apply, please send resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicant must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
The Martha’s Vineyard Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.