Visitor Services Associate
Reporting Responsibilities: Visitor Services Coordinator
Visitor Services Associates are crucial members of the Martha’s Vineyard Museum team, working to create the best possible experience for visitors, members, volunteers, and docents at the Museum. They are responsible for a variety of functions in many key areas:
- Carry out daily operations at the front desk with a focus on customer service, organization, and efficiency ensuring visitors are attended to professionally, promptly, and graciously.
- Handle and balance cash and related financial entries from admissions and occasionally gift shop sales.
- Promote the Museum through membership program, docent tours, and upcoming programs/events.
- Be a source of knowledge on current exhibits, upcoming events, and general knowledge of the Museum.
- Respond to visitor inquiries and phone calls in a prompt, professional manner.
- Enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers, collaborating, and being a team player.
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
- Radiate a commitment to customer service and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Comfortable with multiple software programs including Point of Sale and Microsoft Office.
MVM is currently looking for part-time Visitor Services Associates with flexible hours that may include weekends. Positions are compensated with an hourly rate. Please e-mail resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Successful applicant must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
The Martha’s Vineyard Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.