Click here for the full overview and job description.
The Martha’s Vineyard Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
This is a full-time, year-round position. The Education Manager will report to the Chief Curator (CC) and work closely with the CC to ensure the success and strategic growth of the MVM’s educational programs. Candidates must possess superb writing and communication skills. The ideal candidate is an experienced museum educator – a creative, energetic, and affable self-starter with a holistic approach to education and a strong commitment to MVM’s mission.
- Develop and teach pre-K through high school curricula that align with Martha’s Vineyard Public Schools goals.
- Develop in-person and virtual adult educational programs.
- Partner with the rest of the public programming staff to develop and implement creative year-round and seasonal in-museum experiences.
- Develop, manage, and teach summer programming for children, families, and adults at the Vineyard Haven museum campus and at the Cooke House Legacy Gardens in Edgartown.
- Manage the docent program, including recruiting, training, and tour development.
- Supervise one museum teacher with weekly planning meetings and feedback opportunities.
- Develop metrics and reports as necessary to demonstrate how strategic plan objectives are being met.
- Work with Advancement staff on grants.
- Select and train education department interns.
- Collaborate with curatorial and programming staff.
- Serve as lead staff-member on the Education Committee
- Maintain partnerships with other community organizations
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A minimum of five years teaching experience in classroom, museum, or combined settings OR a graduate degree in Museum Studies with an education concentration plus three years of teaching experience is required.
Ideal candidates possess the following strengths:
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- High level of integrity and standard of work
- Highly organized and able to anticipate, plan for and reach deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Works well on a team
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits (including health, retirement and vacation)
- Professional development opportunities
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, and list of references to email@example.com with the subject line: Education Manager. Start date: April 2021
Successful applicant must be willing to undergo a criminal background check.
The Martha’s Vineyard Museum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
Upon receiving notification of the Museum’s intent to hire, if an individual requires assistance securing a seasonal or long-term rental or purchasing a new residence, MVM will work with local real estate agents and use social media and other forums to assist the individual until housing can be secured.