Reporting Responsibilities: Operations and Business Development Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time, Year-Round
The Property Manager maintains all buildings and grounds at the Museum campus in Vineyard Haven and the historic Cooke House and gardens in Edgartown while providing vendor support at the various Island lighthouses the Museum manages. He/she will be responsible for preserving the pristine condition of infrastructure on a newly renovated/constructed campus while ensuring that all MVM facilities are safe and well-functioning.
- Inspect campus daily to ensure high standards of appearance and readiness are maintained.
- Examine and maintain necessary equipment and supplies to determine need for repair/renovation.
- Coordinate with contractors for plumbing, HVAC, electrical, security, etc. as necessary.
- Develop ongoing system for waste reduction improvements and recycling.
- Coordinate seasonal needs including irrigation, fall clean-up, plowing, shoveling, salting, and sanding.
- Work with exhibitions team to coordinate exhibit turnover.
- Be on call for emergency needs at MVM and other museum properties.
- Serve as liaison with landscaping company and cleaning/custodial staff.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
- Coordinate seasonal work at Island lighthouses managed by MVM.
- Maintain good working relationship with vendors and contractors.
- Participate in quarterly buildings and grounds board committee meetings.
- Hold knowledge of purchasing, supplies, grounds keeping, and equipment repair.
- Be a flexible team player who can juggle many tasks, stay organized, and prioritize.
- Have keen attention to detail. Ensure quality control and safety standards are maintained.
- Possess strong communication skills with vendors and staff.
- Have basic knowledge of some accounting and finance principles.
- Appreciate the Museum’s mission and its desire to serve the Island.
Possible housing available for ideal candidate. To apply, please send resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Martha’s Vineyard Museum is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.