59 School Street, Box 1310, Edgartown MA 02539 - 508.627.4441
Martha's Vineyard Museum MV Museum

A Finding Aid to the Farm Neck Golf Club Membership Books, 1992-2000

Descriptive Summary

RepositoryMartha's Vineyard MuseumGale Huntington Research Library
59 School Street
P.O. Box 1310
Edgartown, MA 02539
Call NumberRU 473
Creator Farm Neck Golf Club
TitleFarm Neck Golf Club membership books
Date [inclusive]1992-2000
Extent1 box (0.504 cubic feet)
LanguageThe materials are in English.
AbstractThe Farm Neck Golf Club membership books contain lists of members of the club as well as club policies, tournament schedules, tournament winners from preceding years, and other information pertinent to club members.

Administrative Information

Access Restrictions

This collection is restricted. Please contact the museum staff for more information about access to the collection.

Use and Reproduction Restrictions

Requests to reproduce material from this collection should be directed to museum staff. Some copyright restrictions may apply due to the nature of the materials. Reproduction fees may apply.

Preferred Citation

Martha's Vineyard Museum, RU 473, Farm Neck Golf Club membership books.

Acquisition Information

These materials were donated in 2004 by the Farm Neck Golf Club, accession number 2004.044.

Publication Information

Martha's Vineyard Museum

Gale Huntington Research Library
59 School Street
P.O. Box 1310
Edgartown, MA 02539

Processing Information

Finding aid prepared and machine-encoded by Nathaniel Janick, June 2014.

 Creation of this finding aid was sponsored by the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

Related Materials

Related Material

More advertising materials related to the Farm Neck Golf Club can be found in the Carol Kolodny collection, accession number 2013.029.

Controlled Access Headings


  • Maps
  • Membership lists


  • Golf courses--Massachusetts--Martha's Vineyard

Biography/Historical Note

In the 1950s, Island Properties, Inc., owned by Dr. Alvin Strock and his associates, bought the 200 acre Luce Farm, the adjacent Frank Chase Farm and the Oak Bluffs Country Club. Island Properties, Inc., proposed an 867-lot development plan on the 550 acres of land that they had purchased. The plan was approved by the Oak Bluffs planning board in 1974, but subsequently blocked by regulations imposed in 1975-1976 by the Martha’s Vineyard Commission, sending the case to the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. Island Properties subsequently went bankrupt, leading to the sale of the foreclosed land to L. Robert Fullem, Charles H. Harff and Douglas W. Mabee and the development of the Farm Neck Golf Club.

Scope and Content Note

The collection consists of membership books from 1992 through 2000 and a 1994 map of the course. The membership books contain information about memberships, fees, rules of the course, tournament schedules as well as previous year's tournaments winners, membership directories, and other information pertinent to the Farm Neck Golf Club. The books contain illustrations by Dana Gaines and were designed by Kolodny & Rentschler.


The materials are arranged by form and therein chronologically.

Collection Inventory


Farm Neck Golf Club course map, 1994 


Membership book, 1992 


Membership book, 1993 


Membership book, 1994 


Membership book, 1996 


Membership book, 1998 


Membership book, 1999 


Membership book, 2000